The air this morning was a little on the chilly side, and as much as I have been holding on to summer, (what we had of it) it seems to be escaping me, and the longer sleeves and jumpers have been more of a comfort the last few day's, and so it is that I am reluctantly embracing Autumn with an Autumnal blackberry dessert....
you will need roughly
* crushed digestive biscuits
* a little melted butter
* whipping cream
* creme fresh
* Punnet of Blackberries
* 2 large cooking apples
1. Add a little melted butter to some crushed biscuit, not too much as you still want it to resemble crumbs. I'm using a wheat and gluten free biscuit alternative.
2. Peel and core your apples and cook down to a pulp, leave to cool.
3. In a blender, wiz up the blackberries until they resembles a loose jam, then sieve out the pips, pour into the cooled apple mixture.4. Whip up some whipping cream, (I used about a 1/4 of a 10fl oz pot) add a couple of table spoons of creme fraiche then add some icing sugar to taste.
5. Then spoon in to serving pots, a layer of biscuit, a layer of cream mix, a layer of blackberry sauce, and top with some extra cream and biscuit. If you like, keep a few blackberries back to garnish on top for an extra autumnal feel.
PS, just in case you are wondering, I haven't been paid or offered the Tru free biscuits to promote, but I'm trying then out as I'm interested in wheat free alternative foods.